Monday, July 2, 2007

San Antonio River Walk - San Antonio, TX.

I thought I'd share a recent experience I had while traveling to San Antonio, Tx. A co-worker of mine mentioned a fun little spot to visit on the Riverwalk that serves great food & the employees heckle you about anything & everything. I'm a little shy when it comes to people making comments about my looks, my hair, or anything that might make me put my guard up higher than it is. With some hesitation, I thought "Pull up your skirt Sally & enjoy what life has to offer". I drove to the Riverwalk & searched for the infamous "HECKLE" lunch spot from hell called Dick's Last Resort! I'm very proud of myself getting over a hurdle I might otherwise have passed up. It was a BLAST! I wish DW was with me to enjoy my adventure. Fortunately for her, she had been to Dick's several years earlier. I shared my experience with her & we laughed hysterically. I won't go into the whole experience, but would like to share the first two minutes. One of the waiters watched as I approached the back entrance to Dick's & before I could even sit down, the waiter asks "Are you here for lunch?" I replied "yes". He replies "I can understand why with a mug like yours. What ya drinken?" I replied "I'll take a coke." The waiter replied "real men drink beer, especially on a Friday afternoon. What a Sally!" I chuckled. As I sat waiting for my coke, another man approached & a waiter asked him "You here for lunch?" The man replied "yes". The waiter replied "have a seat with this guy and make a friend". Now shy me had a lunch date I had not planned on. As we introduced ourselves to each other, my original waiter came out and asked our current waiter "what's up with these two?" He replied, "I'm not sure, but I think they just exchanged phone numbers!" My new friend & I laughed hysterically. From that point on, it was none stop hysteria! I enjoyed my lunch & laughs & thought I would love to bring a big group of friends here & let the wait staff have their way with us! I will definitely make this a vacation spot in the future. Below are some photos I took of Dick's Last Resort. Enjoy!

No comments: